Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beautiful begonias!



I have been growing this particular cane begonia for just over twelve months. Last summer I was rewarded with one smallish head of flowers on a shrub about 30cm high.
I was quite happy with this as it provided a smidgen of colour and interest in the spot where I had planted it.

This last month though,mainly due to the unusual high summer humidity experienced here in Melbourne, my begonias have excelled! I've found living with this humidity quite draining and uncomfortable but the one positive aspect of this weather is the incredible growth and flower profusion of begonias. Pleased to say that even my weeping white flower variety has thrived beautifully also.

Autumn is slowly creeping in though and I can't wait to see what wonders unfold in my garden world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment