Sunday, February 16, 2014

New inspiration.....

Lately I have created  two new necklaces both featuring the cross symbol as the focal.

I was very fortunate to come across this special, truly beautiful specimen of mother of pearl carved in the shape of a cross, many months ago. It was only this week that I came across this piece in my collection and away I went! Combined with two serene, champagne glass pearls, the finished necklace whispers volumes!

The red glass cross was a special find at a more recent bead show. The clarity and 'redness' of this handmade piece needs to be seen to be really appreciated.

Finally, the gorgeous turquoise dichroic earrings....these crosses were bought at the bead show also and were handmade in America. I hope my earrings do them justice.....




No comments:

Post a Comment